12603 135 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T5L 5B2
Shepherd’s Gardens Kensington Village contains 190 newly renovated studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom independent living suites.
Shepherd’s Gardens is a leader in providing independent living options that enrich the lives of adults aged 55+ in the Edmonton metropolitan region. Rooted in the Christian community, our comfortable, safe homes build vibrant communities for our residents by providing access to recreational programming and meaningful spiritual support. Together with our partner, Shepherd’s Care Foundation, we aspire to offer age-in-place options that cover the full spectrum of care, supporting comfort and convenience in the transition as our residents’ needs change.
- Person-Centered Care
Shepherd’s Gardens Kensington Village offers large, bright, open floor plan independent living suites.
Independent Living is a perfect option for those who may be looking to downsize or move into a community of like-minded individuals while living an independent lifestyle. Care services can be coordinated and residents can access on-site amenities and programs.
Kensington Campus has 190 rental apartments, with studio, one bedroom and two bedroom options available. Service packages that include meals, housekeeping, laundry and emergency pendants are available for purchase.Studio Suite Plan $1,485Bachelor Suite Plan1 Bedroom Suite Plan - Type E $2,184-$2,3341 Bedroom Suite Plan - Type F $2,184-$2,3342 Bedroom Suite Plan $2,780
Kensington Campus offers 21 lodge units available for rent. These lodge units come packaged with services as part of the rent costs. Services include meals, housekeeping, laundry and a 24 hour emergency system. Our lodge units do not have kitchens, but meals are provided in the rent costs.Lodge Studio Plan $2,650+
- Full service restaurant on site residents, families, and friends welcome
- Open daily 7:30 AM – 7:30 PM
- Daily specials and a la carte menu (flexible meal choices)
- Flexible meal packages available starting at $218/month
- Private accommodations
- Large, bright newly renovated kitchens
- In-suite laundry available
- Walk-in tile showers
- Resident fireplace lounge & games room (pool table, big screen TV, card tables, coffee bar)
- New clubhouse opening early 2023 (lounge area, cooking/art classes, private theatre, golf simulator)
- Rent includes heat, water, cable, and emergency pendant
- Exercise equipment available
- Large auditorium
- Huge outdoor courtyard with gazebos, seating areas, and gardens
- Beauty salon
- 250 seat church on site
- Private bus for resident outings
- Tuck shop
- ETS door-to-door bus service to Londonderry Mall and Northgate Centre
Services Available for Purchase
- Personal linen and launder
- Family party rooms with kitchen available for rent, catering available
- Furnished guest suites available for rent
- Outdoor electrified and indoor parking available
- Personal supportive living (home care) and companion care services available through Care at Home Trust
Shepherd’s Gardens has a dedicated Lifestyle Manager who provides recreation programming.
- Monthly birthday party with cake, coffee, and entertainment
- Board games and crokinole
- Group walks
- Shopping trips and excursions
- Movie nights
Shepherd’s Care Kensington Campus is the largest of our communities with over 600 residents calling it home. A 17-acre campus in the Kensington neighbourhood in northwest Edmonton, this Campus is known for it’s friendly, Christian environment. Developed around a spacious outdoor courtyard, residents experience a wheelchair accessible park with a barbeque area, walking paths and miniature horses from spring to fall.
There are many ways to socialize and be involved through resident formed social groups, auxiliaries and clubs or Campus-run programming. We also provide intergenerational programming through our Adopt a School program, contributing to a young, vibrant atmosphere for the whole campus.
The Pastoral Care and Chaplaincy Department plays an integral role in extending Christian care and support to our residents and their families.
Our Pastoral Care and Chaplaincy Department offers a variety of services, including:
- Pastoral care visits
- Prayer support
- Weekly services, Bible studies, hymn sings and communion services
- Crisis and grief counselling and support
- Quarterly memorial services
- Funeral services or ceremonies
- Volunteer opportunities
At some of our campuses, services are also put on by other Christian denominations during the week.
As is foundational with Shepherd’s Care, the Pastoral Care and Chaplaincy Department strives to do everything with excellence. Building relationships is fundamental to our Pastors’ and Chaplains’ role, and we do so throughout our local communities, including community churches.
Read about our safety and outbreak prevention plan.