6640 28 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T6G 3X8
Shepherd’s Gardens is a leader in providing independent living options that enrich the lives of adults aged 55+ in the Edmonton metropolitan region. Rooted in the Christian community, our comfortable, safe homes build vibrant communities for our residents by providing access to recreational programming and meaningful spiritual support. Together with our partner, Shepherd’s Care Foundation, we aspire to offer age-in-place options that cover the full spectrum of care, supporting comfort and convenience in the transition as our residents’ needs change.
- Person-Centered Care
Independent Living is a perfect option for those who may be looking to downsize or move into a community of like-minded individuals while living an independent lifestyle. Care services can be coordinated and residents can access on-site amenities and programs.
The Manor offers 74 rental apartments, with studio, one bedroom and two bedroom options available.Studio Suite Plan $1,5041 Bedroom Suite Plan $1,7602 Bedroom Suite Plan $1,965Alt 2 Bedroom Suite Plan
- Fully renovated open floor plan studio, one, and two-bedroom suites featuring spacious tile walk-in showers
- Intimate dining rooms with fireplace
- Flexible meal wallet options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner starting at $218/month
- 24-hour emergency Response Pendant
- Oversized in-suite storage
- Secured entry
- Full kitchen
- All utilities included
- Social lounge with library, games, and exercise
- On-site chapel
- Dedicated recreation programming
- Private bus for resident outings
- Beautiful outdoor courtyard with gardens and gazebo
- Beauty salon
Services Available for Purchase
- Personal linen and launder
- Family party rooms with kitchen available for rent, catering available
- Outdoor electrified parking available
- Personal supportive living (home care) and companion care services available through Care at Home Trust
- Shuffleboard Table
- Group Walks
- Weekly Shopping Trip
- Movie Nights
Our Millwoods Campus, the first Shepherd’s Care site, is conveniently located in southeast, providing a full range of age in place options. The Campus is inclusive and diverse, including a large German speaking community of residents. The Millwoods Campus has a vibrant Christian atmosphere and friendly, long term staff.
Our spacious, secured garden area is accessible by the all Campus residents. The garden includes apple trees, a walking path, flowers and vegetable plots. The Auxiliary at Millwoods is very strong and engaged, as well as numerous resident formed social groups to keep residents socializing and active.
Millwoods Campus is situated near the Millwoods Recreation Centre, churches, parks, shopping centres and the Grey Nuns hospital. Located near major thoroughfares and on a bus route, the Campus is easily accessible. Close to Grey Nuns hospital
Pastoral Care & Chaplaincy
The Pastoral Care and Chaplaincy Department plays an integral role in extending Christian care and support to our residents and their families.
Our Pastoral Care and Chaplaincy Department offers a variety of services, including:
- Pastoral care visits
- Prayer support
- Weekly services, Bible studies, hymn sings and communion services
- Crisis and grief counselling and support
- Quarterly memorial services
- Funeral services or ceremonies
- Volunteer opportunities
At some of our campuses, services are also put on by other Christian denominations during the week.
As is foundational with Shepherd’s Care, the Pastoral Care and Chaplaincy Department strives to do everything with excellence. Building relationships is fundamental to our Pastors’ and Chaplains’ role, and we do so throughout our local communities, including community churches.
Read about our safety and outbreak prevention plan.