10745 29 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T6J 5H6
Shepherd’s Gardens is a leader in providing independent living options that enrich the lives of adults aged 55+ in the Edmonton metropolitan region. Rooted in the Christian community, our comfortable, safe homes build vibrant communities for our residents by providing access to recreational programming and meaningful spiritual support. Together with our partner, Shepherd’s Care Foundation, we aspire to offer age-in-place options that cover the full spectrum of care, supporting comfort and convenience in the transition as our residents’ needs change.
- Person-Centered Care
Shepherd’s Gardens Southside Manor boasts over-sized, spacious one and two-bedroom suites.
Independent Living is a perfect option for those who may be looking to downsize or move into a community of like-minded individuals while living an independent lifestyle. Care services can be coordinated and residents can access on-site amenities and programs.
- Large on site restaurant featuring three meals a day
- Flexible meal wallet options
- Ground level patio or balcony suites
- Large in-suite storage
- Rent includes heat, water, cable, and 24-hour emergency response pendant
- Secure entry
- Full kitchen with dishwasher and dining area
- Games room
- Exercise room
- Comfortable Social Rooms
- Beauty salon
- Private bus for resident outings
- Dedicated recreation programming
Services Available for Purchase
- Personal linen and launder
- Outdoor electrified parking available
- Personal supportive living (home care) and companion care services available through Care at Home Trust
- Shuffleboard Table
- Group Walks
- Weekly Shopping Trip
- Movie Nights
“Southside Manor is located in the peaceful Century Park area in south Edmonton. Adjacent to the new Shepherd’s Gardens Heritage condominiums and Eden House long term care centre, Southside is in a prime location for our residents to enjoy the surrounding parks, churches, shopping centres, restaurants and coffee shops.”
- Parks: Ermineskin Park, Maskepetoon Park
- Church: Southside Church of the Nazarene
- Hospital: Covenant Health St. Joseph’s Auxiliary Hospital
- Restaurants: Heritage Market Grill
- Groceries: Safeway Heritage
- Pharmacy: Blue Quill Pharmacy
- Liquor Store: Ermineskin Centre Liquor Store
- Golf: Evolution Golf
- Shopping: Ermineskin Shopping Centre, Century Park
The Pastoral Care and Chaplaincy Department plays an integral role in extending Christian care and support to our residents and their families.
Our Pastoral Care and Chaplaincy Department offers a variety of services, including:
- Pastoral care visits
- Prayer support
- Weekly services, Bible studies, hymn sings and communion services
- Crisis and grief counselling and support
- Quarterly memorial services
- Funeral services or ceremonies
- Volunteer opportunities
At some of our campuses, services are also put on by other Christian denominations during the week.
As is foundational with Shepherd’s Care, the Pastoral Care and Chaplaincy Department strives to do everything with excellence. Building relationships is fundamental to our Pastors’ and Chaplains’ role, and we do so throughout our local communities, including community churches.
Read about our safety and outbreak prevention plan.